Smoking has become very common in teens as well as older people now-a-days. It starts off with a sense of fun and style and unfortunately sometimes ends in the death of the user. For many people it is just fun while many people smoke just because their body is addicted to tobacco and according to them they think they can’t live without it.
We are going to share some shocking information and facts about cigarettes and smoking.
First of all, you should know something about the ingredients of a cigarette. A cigarette contains more then 7,000 chemicals in it. Nicotine is one and the major reason that causes people to become addicted. In these 7,000 chemicals, several hundreds are toxic and 70 of them can cause cancer. Some of the most harmful ingredients of a cigarette contains lead, radon, tar (tar-col), radium, carbon monoxide, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide and uranium. In fact, if we were to write about them in detail, it would take volumes of books.
Shocking Smoking Facts:
- According to many scientists, a smoker will live 14 year less.
- There are about 1.1 billion smokers in the world and 300 million of them are in China.
- According to British scientists, every cigarette you smoke can shorten your life by 11 minutes.
- Due to smoking, the supply of blood to your skin reduced which lowers the level of Vitamin A in your body and also your body gets paler and full of wrinkles.
- About 3,000 deaths occurred just because of second-hand smoking which means if you are a smoker, you are a direct danger to your family, friends and relatives.
- In last minute, about 7 people died just because of smoking which means smoking claims 1 life every eight seconds.
- Lung Cancer, Blood Pressure, Heart Attack, Skin and Mouth Cancer are some major diseases that can be caused due to smoking.
- If a pregnant woman smokes, the chances of her miscarriage are increased.
- 90% of the lung cancer patients are smoker
We hope that all those who read this post are going to quit smoking. Think about yourself as well as your family and friends. You are important to them.
[box type="info"] We at YIKT believe that we have to an extent fulfilled our responsibility by showing the negative aspects of smoking.
Now it’s your responsibility to spread this post and be part of the campaign against smoking. “Say No To Smoking”. [/box]